ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Fabric Development Manager
Alexander McQueen - Regular
- United Kingdom
Alexander McQueen is in search of a proactive Fabric Development Manager who possess excellent product sensibility and eye for detail. You will be responsible for ensuring that requests are delivered on time to the highest level of quality.
How you will contribute
• Assist with original fabric/ textile research to establish the creative fabric direction of the season - visiting European mills, suppliers and fabric fairs
• Working with key mills and suppliers to research and develop exclusive and creative textiles seasonally, launching and following fabric and colour trials.
• Follow the fabric development process from original research through to final prototypes, liaising with mills and suppliers, working to strict deadlines, budgets, to ensure the timely arrival of the collection.
• Managing the collections fabric process, coordination and organisation of textiles in the atelier and studio, liaising with London and Italian ateliers
• Research- Creative and in-depth research of design/ fabric concepts.
• Proactively resolve problems that may arise throughout the fabric development process, continually working to streamline and enhance the process
• Identify opportunities to incorporate sustainable fabric development techniques and materials
Your skills and experience
• Demonstrable experience developing fabrics and wovens for a luxury house
• Excellent level of technical fabric/ product knowledge
• Previous experience of building strong relationships with external parties (mills)
• Excellent level of attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of materials
• Commercial awareness when considering product/ margins
• Strong communication skills and able to work in an agile and fast paced environment
• Abel to work effectively both individually and as a team
• Flexible and able to travel frequently if required
• Degree in a related discipline (Textile design, Fabric Development)
- Full time
- United Kingdom