KERING UK - Tax Manager
Kering - Regular
Haywards Heath - United Kingdom
Kering is a global Luxury group managing the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewellery and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2021, Kering had 42,000 employees and consolidated revenues of €17 billion.
We are currently seeking a UK Tax Manager who will report to the Director of Finance & Administration based at the Kering UK Finance Shared Service Centre in Haywards Heath with functional reporting to the Group Head of International Tax.
As UK Tax Manager, you will be based at Kering UK Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) in Haywards Heath and under Kering’s flexible working policy you will be able to work from home for 2 days per week.
You will have 1 Tax Accountant as a direct report who will also be based in Haywards Heath.
The role will be to work closely with the local accounting team at the FSSC and UK brand finance teams in support of all direct and indirect tax compliance processes, tax advisory, and transfer pricing matters including transfer pricing documentation, transfer pricing adjustments, and coordination of customs duties impacts following Brexit.
How you will contribute
• Documentation and review of tax policies and procedures covering Corporation Tax, VAT, Employment taxes, Customs Duties.
• Co-ordinate UK compliance related to all Direct and Indirect taxes including Corporation Tax, VAT, Employment taxes and Customs.
• Prepare UK transfer pricing documentation and transfer pricing adjustments and work with the Group Tax Department to ensure compliance and consistency with the transfer pricing methodology at group level.
• Work closely with UK tax advisors and HMRC to facilitate tax audits and requests for information.
• Provide communication to the FSSC and brands on regulatory changes providing suggestions on effective operational changes required to implement these changes.
• Implementation of new controls/processes as agreed with the Director of Finance.
• Review current and deferred tax accounting performed by FSSC within the Management/Statutory Accounts to ensure accuracy of reporting prior to submission in coordination with Group Tax Department
• Review Corporation Tax budgets/forecasts prepared by FSSC prior to submission.
• Co-ordination of UK tax group tax payments– management of group relief matrix, review and authorization of corporation tax payments on account.
• Management of the UK tax return process – Issuing timetable for completion of tax returns with brand Financial Controllers and external tax consultants.
• Review of annual tax computations and support on their preparation.
• Provide support to Group Tax Department on topics related to UK tax matters or international tax matters in relation to the UK group entities.
• Management of capital allowance reviews to external consultants.
• Review UK entity VAT returns and authorize payments of VAT.
Who you are
• You will be CTA qualified and also hold an accounting qualification
• You should have experience either from practice (ideally within a ‘Big 4’) specializing in the retail sector or at least 5 years of relevant retail industry experience.
• You should have specialized or have experience in Transfer Pricing/international tax.
• Experience in process documentation and review
• Experience in contract management would also be beneficial
• Broad minded approach – able to support on both tax and other operational matters.
• Strong organization skills – ability to deal with the compliance requirements across a multiple number of legal entities.
• Good time management – ability to meet multiple deadlines across different tax areas.
• Risk focused – ability to identify risks and provide solutions to mitigate these.
• Ability to problem solve and work in a logical manner
• Strong communication and team working skills. Ability to work with individuals with varying degrees of tax knowledge throughout the organization.
• Receptive of change and manage changes in working practices
• Good attention to detail and ability to perform clear process documentation
• Good excel and general IT skills
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary growth and become part of a thriving team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom