Cristóbal Balenciaga founded the House in 1917 in his home of Spain. In 1937, he established the brand in Paris, designing its collections there until 1968. Cristóbal Balenciaga had a reputation as a couturier of uncompromising standards and was referred to as "the master of us all" by Christian Dior and as “The Couturier of the Couturiers” by Gabrielle Chanel. The ultra-modern shapes were trademarks of the house.
While the brand’s identity is firmly rooted in its highly conceptual prêt-à-porter collections, its leather goods, footwear, and accessories experience worldwide success as well. Among the archetypal products of the House are its handbag collections. A new focus on the development of Balenciaga ready-to-wear collections for men was quickly established as highly successful.
Since October 2015, Demna Gvasalia has designed both men’s and women’s collections as the artistic director.
The Balenciaga House, part of the Kering group since 2001, is one of the most influential names in fashion.
We are currently seeking a Department Manager who will report to the Store Manager as part of our team in Milano Rinascente.
The Department Manager is a professional in the category(ies) he/she oversees and is responsible for implementing a clienteling mindset among his/her team(s) in order to guarantee the quantitative and qualitative goals assigned by department(s). He/she behave as a brand ambassador and a proactive sales professional who operates according to the goals and processes fixed by the Store and Associate Store Manager. He/she is accountable in his/her department team development by leading, motivating, and coaching individuals to achieve assigned target and goals.
How you will contribute
- Implement action plans defined with the HQ and the Store Manager and ensure follow-up
- Consistently analyse business results based on corporate reports
- Assign targeted quantitative and qualitative goals to the department team(s)
- Communicate high quality relevant feedback and reporting to the Associate Store Manager/Store Manager or Store team
- Build relationships with Inventory and Buying stakeholders and proactively communicate requirements
- Monitor business environment including local competition
- Keep store team informed at all times regarding Store performance
Talent leadership and development:
- Create and maintain a positive work environment, consistent with Balenciaga behaviours
- Build strong relationships with the Recruitment and HR partners to identify, attract, recruit, develop and retain talent
- Motivate and challenge the team to drive business results and job satisfaction
- Support the Store Manager in creating a team whose activities are always motivated, competent and up to date in the fashion and luxury industries
- Behave as a Balenciaga Ambassador, sustain and promote the culture of the brand internally and externally
- Ensure Balenciaga Signature and Client experience are executed and consistent over time
- Assure the recruitment, development and retention of clients from beginners to VVICs
- Ensure that all the processes are compliant with legal, safety, security, internal requirements, sustainability, HR guidelines
- Execute team planning on a weekly and monthly basis and communicate this to the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.
- Challenge and improve current processes and ensure efficiency and effectiveness
KPIs (including but not limited to)
- Business: sales density, conversation rate, UPT, cross selling rate, transactions
- Team: sales productivity, training completion rate, turnover rate, absence levels
- Client: local retention rate, CEE/Score, Recruiting Rate, Regained Clients, Prospects, Retention Rate etc.
- Process: CRM, Omnichannel, back of house
Who you are
- Commitment to take part of an innovative project
- Product sensitivity and a strong market/fashion trends knowledge, paired with a good general culture level
- At least 3 years of experience in a managerial position
- Significant experience in the luxury industry: client portfolio
- Clienteling mindset: client engagement and loyalty
- Precision, organizational skills: being able to organize and prioritize tasks based on the needs of the business
- Adaptability, openness, listening abilities, curiosity
- High availability, responsiveness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and improve
- Mastering digital skills
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Balenciaga adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow.
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation… - enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for. It is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.