GUCCI Visual Merchandiser
Gucci - Regular
Tokyo - Japan
This role ensures the value-added approach of visual display to attract consumers, optimize business and increase market share. While reporting to the East Visual Manager, leads collaboration with the Retail Managers of the East Japan. This is to ensure the best synergy of visual directives and business needs. Ensure consistency across district. Empowers and drives team towards commitment to excellence in display and collaboration with Retail network. This covers DOS, Wholesale channels and corporate standard to improve client loyalty and increase market share.
- Follow all visual directives when executing store set-ups. Take proactive steps to adapt/substitute in a brand appropriate manner to make Visual Merchandising suitable to regional needs.
- Implement and maintain visual displays/merchandising to ensure maximize store business.
- Excellent managing skill required to take ownership in stores-in-charge for all VM related activities.
- Ongoing training of Visual Ambassadors and Store Management Team in visual merchandising standards in line with Retail objectives.
- Partner with Retail Managers / Store Managers to effectively support current business trends with visual needs as they arise.
- Provide PowerPoint recaps from all store visits to be shared with Company Headquarters in Italy.
- Co-ordinate windows, merchandising and special events throughout district to support visual needs.
- Remain aware of the competition in retail/visual industry standards in the marketplace.
- Manage own day-to-day schedule and travel expenses as directed by supervisor.
Requirements - Key behavioral competencies - basics
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Visual Merchandising.
- Must be very flexible with hours of work. Must be comfortable with ever changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work ad-hoc overnights and weekends to meet urgent deadlines.
- Experience shaping point of view with information and opinions from various sources.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and across different cultures and management styles.
- Strong attention to detail and passion to work quickly/efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be open to regular domestic travel as needed to support the visual team. Ad-hoc travel at short notice may be required several times throughout the year.
- Proficiency in basic PowerPoint, Excel and good photography skills.
- Multi store experience and English proficiency preferred.
- Creative and Innovative
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Results Focused
- General health and stamina for physical activity
Key behavioral competencies – Gucci Amplifiers
- Agile Advocate: demonstrated ability to promote change, to take smart-risks and bring others on board. You know how and when to accelerate
- Strong Talent Builder and People Enabler: you create the space for people to take decisions, considering their unique perspectives. You have a keen eye to help other to grow and learn, no matter whether they report to you or not.
- Considerate thinker: you carefully consider how your actions and decisions impact others around you and have an ability to connect the dots.
- Solution Developer: keep an open eye on trends and innovation, using different approaches to come up with innovative yet pragmatic solutions
- Connection Builder: ability to build trust-based relationships with a strong influencing and presentation skills, adapting messaging based on your audience.
- Accountable Achiever: a willingness to go the extra-mile, pushing self out of the comfort zone, taking accountability for results whether good or bad
- Continuous learner: you are self-aware and have a passion for learning new things. You are curious and constantly seek to develop yourself, putting improvement over comfort.
- Full time