Kering Communications Assistant Manager
Kering - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2021, Kering had nearly 42,000 employees and restated revenue of €17.6 billion.
INCREASE THE AWARENESS AND ENHANCE THE IMAGE OF KERING IN CHINA.
This role is based in Shanghai China, focuses on China and reported to Corporate Communication Director, China.
Work closely with Corporate Communication Director China to develop a corporate communication plan including strategy, goals, and tactics. Manage execution.
How you will contribute
Media Relationship & Enquiries Management
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts with business and fashion/Luxury media.
- Under HQ’s guidelines, edit content for press releases, consolidate press assets with strong quality control.
- Manage press release distribution and PR buzz amplification with a strategic planning.
- Manage media inquiries and evaluate coverage opportunities in closed coordination with APAC and Global HQ.
- Work with PR agency to identify, coordinate and facilitate media interviews with senior management for both content control and logistics support.
- Report to HQ on the PR coverage and improvement proposal.
Corporate Event Management
- In closed coordination with agencies, run a number of corporate events throughout the year including communication strategies as well as execution and reporting.
- Work closely with Kering APAC as well as Kering HQ communication teams to execute the local strategy.
- Monitor and ensure timely reporting of competitors’ events in China.
Potential Crisis Management
- Always be alert and be sensitive on the potential crisis risk which may affect the company reputation in China.
- In case of crisis outbreak, work closely with PR agency and global corporate PR team on management strategy and action plan including risk evaluation, scenario analysis, statement preparation, media communication, timely reporting, etc,.
Who you are
- At least 5 years of corporate communication experience preferably in FMCG/ luxury/ retail industry
- The ideal candidate will be of strategic-thinking as well as hands-on capacities with excellent organizing ability
- Good at coordinating interpersonal relationships and dealing with unexpected circumstance
- Self-motivated and proactive in taking initiatives
- Strong media network across fashion/Luxury and business media categories
- The person must have strong linguistic capacities especially for Chinese and English written skills
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure. Actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving team in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. With talent development, a managerial principle at Kering, we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China