KERING Intellectual Property Assistant
Kering - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Seoul - Korea, Republic of
This position is dedicated to assist IP manager/director advising and supporting Kering Group brands (“the Brands”) on brand protection matters in South Korea. The roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise between APAC IP manager/director and external parties/local brand offices.
- Work in close collaboration with the peer of other IP team members in APAC for all intellectual property and brand protection matters in South Korea and related countries.
- Conduct ground survey (as and when is necessary), offline and online investigations under supervision of APAC IP manager/director.
- Liaise and work closely with lawyers and investigators on preparing and progressing the day to day enforcement matters; both online and offline.
- Liaise and work closely with all the law enforcement authorities and IP industry association relating to enforcement cases and matters.
- Conduct brand awareness trainings for enforcement authorities as well as for our brands under supervision by APAC IP manager/director.
- Liaise with the Brands IP team in HQ and local business team under supervision by APAC IP manager/director.
- Assist in handling evidence collection process for prosecution cases (i.e. oppositions and cancellations) (as and when may be necessary) under supervision of APAC IP manager/director
- Maintain criminal, civil and administrative cases spreadsheets up to date at all time.
- Maintain budget spreadsheets up to date at all time. Prepare quarterly case highlights, half year and any reports as requested.
- Communicate in a clear and result driven way with the Brands and colleagues
- Ad-hoc task as may be assigned by APAC IP manager/director from time to time.
- BA(incl. graduand) required or solid equivalent working experience. Possessing a law degree with IP study is preferable.
- Good understanding of and/or willing to learn intellectual property legal framework and brand protection issues in South Korea
- Be willing to think outside the box for creative and effective solutions.
- Excellent client relations skills (including ability to interact with clients at all levels from most senior to most junior).
- Excellent organization, presentation, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- High level of commitment, motivation and team orientation
- Fluent in local Korean language and excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Willing to experience multinational companies
- Full time
- Korea, Republic of