If you are a Dream-maker, this is the place for you.
Together, we’ll create the real fabric of Gucci.
A community of people united by the same passion: breaking new ground in the fashion world and beyond.
We are currently seeking a Store Operations Manager to join our dynamic team in our Melbourne Collins Street Store located in the CBD.
As a Store Operations Manager for GUCCI you represent the brand to all customers and stakeholders.
You are responsible for managing administrative and inventory support to the store to achieve business goals. You will lead operational excellence within the store, ensuring all operational procedures are commercially managed to ensure the highest standard and most efficient delivery of the customer experience. You will act as a team player and work collaboratively with all GUCCI employees and stakeholders to achieve exceptional results.
This position is responsible for the management of Store Support, Cashiers and In Store Product Care Specialist positions.
How you will contribute
- Support the Store Manager/Director ensuring all back of house operational policies and procedures and implemented and followed
- Ensure the efficient running of the store, both front and back of house from a store operations perspective
- Ensure the store has substantial operational support and staff schedules are optimized to match operational demands
- Manage the stockroom/s and implementation of policies and procedures i.e. deliveries (potentially overnight), dispatches, inventory etc.
- Assist the Store Manager/Director in overseeing functions influencing service delivery excellence and minimizing inventory loss
- Embraces new technology and is flexible and reactive to leverage technology initiatives in all areas of the store
- Ensures the store building and all internal areas are maintained to the highest standard both front and back of house
- Manages the on-boarding and develops all store operational support. Lead the store Operations team, fostering a coaching and learning environment
- Cascade company communications to all members of the store team and lead by example when embracing brand messages
- Provides accurate daily and regular reports
- Maintains accurate payment records including petty cash
- Unpack and receive stock, and complete cashiering and any administrative duties as required
- Maintains store operations related records such as stock transfer and repair
- Drive and be the main point of contact for stocktake and yearly shrinkage results by consistently managing all inventory integrity and control by completing cycle counts, category scans and category maintenance and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Complete and/or perform any other reasonable duties assigned by the Store Manager/Director or other manager as directed
- Ensure teamwork and collaboration to deliver an exceptional client experience
- Replenish display merchandise as required
Who you are
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally from a high-volume retail or service-based industry preferably in the luxury environment
- Proven strong operational performance within a high volume and high turnover retail environment, leading a team. Other relevant service sector experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to work in highly pressured roles and situations
- Customer service orientated attitude, driven by meeting and exceeding KPIs and targets
- Time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and agile to meet business needs
- High attention to detail and a strong, professional work ethic
- Strong leadership and management skills used to lead, grow and develop the team by example
- Proficiency in using technology and/or learning about updated technologies
- Proficiency in Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Why work with us?
This is a great opportunity to join the Gucci adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Gucci is made of people who are diverse, talented and unique. You're invited to come and show us the Dream-maker that you are.
Please note that any unsolicited resumes sent to Gucci, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Gucci mailing address, email address or directly to Gucci employees will be considered Gucci property. Gucci will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of any unsolicited resumes. Gucci will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.