MCQ Head of Communications
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
MCQ are in search of a Head of Communications to join at a pivotal time for the label’s expansion. Working in a highly creative and fast-paced environment, you will lead the communications team to raise brand awareness, engagement and facilitate brand growth through the acquisition of a loyal, global audience.
How you will contribute:
- Work closely with the Brand Director and Design Team to build a cohesive and innovative global communication strategy, clearly understanding the ethos of MCQ and the target consumer to rapidly grow the MCQ audience globally.
- Devise, execute, analyse, and report on comprehensive, targeted and innovative communications campaigns for each Icon (collection) and any additional product launches across digital and physical channels such as social, print, events and OOH.
- Ensure each Icon communication strategy is executed on time and on budget through extensive forward planning, careful project management and the development of strong working relationships with all internal stakeholders such as legal.
- Establish a data-driven approach within the department, defining the metrics the business should care about and feedback associated market/audience insights
- Manage and lead a talented and diverse communications team ensuring clarity on strategy and goals across all team members whilst maintaining a focus on team members personal development.
- Co-manage APAC Communications Manager to devise and execute and regional specific communications plan.
- Work closely with the Brand Director, Head of Sales and regional Presidents to identify, plan, and execute communications activities to support specific product launches, wholesale/franchise partnerships and overall business objectives.
- Work with internal Creative and Management teams alongside external partners to aid the conceptualisation, design and build of the MYMCQ brand platform. Develop comprehensive content plan for platform to drive traffic and rapidly grow customer database through a robust CRM strategy.
- Collaborate with and manage all agency and external partners to ensure best-in-class deliverables and work cross-functionally across various internal teams including design, merchandising, sales and others
- Manage the global Communications budget, ensuring a maximum return on investment across all projects through a focus on post project analysis, data analytics and development of future action plans.
- Manage and develop relationships with key VIP, talent and press partners.
- Develop and build strong relationships with all external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure communications are consistent and leverage all opportunities to move the MCQ brand forward
- Responsible for building and executing an internal communications strategy. Using existing tools such as Workplace to ensure all MCQ team members and employees of the wider group are kept up to date on all projects and events.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience as a communications leader for a global creative brand.
- Proven experience of growing a global audience through a clear physical and digital communications strategy.
- A strong track record of driving commercial success through marketing and comms across your career
- An innovative mindset but one that is always driven by data and insights
- A motivational people manager, a calm voice in an ever-changing environment
- Strong time management, prioritisation and proactivity
- Excellent eye for detail, product sensitivity and affinity to the label
- A clear understanding of current youth culture and the importance of being a cultural accelerator.
- Creative thinker, with proven experience of proposing and implementing new ideas
- Proactive communicator, regularly sharing insights, updates, and progress
- Creative storyteller, able to see opportunities where they may not be obvious; tapped into all things tech/commerce
- Experience of managing and leading a team.
- Fluency in English required with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to travel as part of your role
- Full time
- United Kingdom