Gucci has been at the forefront of digital innovation since first embracing eCommerce in 2002. Today, Gucci.com is present in Europe, North America, Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East with local teams to serve its client base to high standards.
Gucci.com has already created great online shopping experiences and continually embraces new business models by making bold choices and fostering a culture of creativity, innovation and risk-taking. Gucci launched its first online concession partnership in 2013 and has since expanded its partners.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Concessions Senior Manager who will drive our concession partnerships to the next level. Above and beyond partnership management skills, the right candidate for this position will have a strong strategic mindset and a proven track record to develop businesses in a cross-functional and global environment.
The Global Digital Concessions Senior Manager will report to our Global Digital Business Vice President– and she/he will work hand-in with our in-region digital and wholesale teams.
Online concessions are a key pillar of Gucci’s digital strategy. The mission of this role is both to operationally manage this business together with a small team as well as strategically evolving this business to the next level.
She/he will be an integral part of the global digital team and she/he will drive profitable sales growth across the portfolio of existing partnerships, identify new business/service opportunities that are a win-win for both partners and ensure that the brand is managed consistently across the online touch points to the highest quality in line with a luxury brand.
The Digital Concessions Senior Manager will be operationally responsible for a portfolio of global concession partnerships managed under the responsibility of the global digital team. Also she/he will strategically support regional teams that manage in-region partnerships.
She/he will work in close collaboration with internal groups that have direct relationship with these partners such as regional eCommerce, digital merchandising, marketing & communications, travel & indirect channels. This role will bring a strategic view to ensure that this business amplifies the value of the Gucci brand among all our digital channels.
A key responsibility of this role will be to partner closely with our global digital product & development teams in developing technical solutions and services to scale this business to the next level.
In a world where we are moving to more and more Agile ways of working – she/he will need to promote teamwork and be an active supporter of our new ways of working model.
As a core member of the Global Digital team – she/he is expected to contribute - beyond the remit of the functional role - to the overall Gucci.com Digital Strategy and its successful global execution.
- Lead the business plan for the portfolio of Global Concession Partnerships that includes developing sales plans, and identifying joint initiatives to grow the existing business.
- Build, develop and support a team managing a portfolio of concession partners
- Analyze the concessions business in the context of Gucci.com and multi-brand retailer business.
- Bring up insights that can help to drive the overall Gucci digital business.
- Manage the communication with partners on a regular basis to understand their needs in order to provide effective solutions and expand market intelligence within the online concessions business.
- Understand the concession service model that has been developed and convey the value to prospective partners.
- Act as a center of excellence to the digital product & development teams to improve and develop new services.
- Manage the relationships with different digital departments at worldwide and within the regions to service this business. Share learning across teams and regions.
- Partner with the regional teams in order to guarantee transparency and global efficiencies.
- Successful studies in business management. Strong business acumen.
- At least 10 years of wholesale and/or indirect channel experience, managing relationships with external partners, both offline and online.
- Strong digital experience
- Experience with a wide range of sales channels and thorough knowledge of retailer business operations
- Strong strategic skills numeric attitude
- Ability to use financial data to influence revenue growth
- Experience utilizing strategic planning, financial/budget management and business planning to meet revenue goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding listener. Able to translate technical needs and to solve the issues.
- Outstanding communicator. Proven ability to communicate with our concession partners and with internal teams on a senior level.
- Ability to adapt to different environments and be open-minded.
- Strong track record of working in global organizations, across teams and regions
- Ability to adapt to different cross-functional environments, including liaising with engineers and be open-minded
- Genuine passion for luxury and fashion world, commitment to the Gucci brand.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is a must
- Knowledge of the Italian language is a plus