SAINT LAURENT Senior Planner
Saint Laurent - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - China
We are currently seeking a Senior Planner who will report to the General Merchandising Manager, China as part of our dynamic team in China.
You leverage planning and analysis expertise to maximize sales, inventory turn, and profitability.
You are responsible for control of merchandise management in both channels of DOS and OUTLET according to target figures, merchandise planning and Open-To-Buy support data analysis.
You provide analytical support to the buyers to ensure a balanced and profitable assortment.
- Work together with GMM to prepare pre-season Open-To-Buy Plans to be used in the development of merchandise strategies for the season and to support buying needs
- Review weekly business at detail levels of quantities and amounts level to identify risks and opportunities
- Utilize information systems, such as JDA to provide essential analysis in order to identify and maximize sales and profit opportunities
- Work with the buyers and finance to determine each line target
- Analyze promotional strategies to determine profitability and make recommendations for future needs
- Serve as the inventory control expert on all skus
- Organize merchandising process in Seasonal Sale period
- Assist in developing new store initial allocations and coordinating new store logistics
- Produce standard weekly/monthly merchandise management reports and fulfill ad hoc information requests as needed
- Attend all the supply chain weekly calls with Paris
- Track of MD sales during MD season and coordinate return to Cargo/ Cargo Outlet
- Perform other duties assigned
- Degree in Econimics, Finance/Accounting, Mathematics or Statistics desired
- Buying background
- 3 years of OTB planning experience preferred
- Experience of accounting function or inventory control in retail industry is an advantage
- Demonstrated working knowledge of retail inventory and financial measures (Sell-through, weeks of supply, inventory turn, markdowns, markups, OTB etc.
- Detail-oriented, high accuracy, good numeric sense and able to multi-tasks.
- Must possess excellent collaboration, communication and analytical skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time