BALENCIAGA Senior Project Manager, Store Planning | New York, NY
Balenciaga - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Oversee and coordinate all architectural and construction activities involved with the creation or renovation of new DOS boutiques.
- Partner with the Finance team to finalize budgets.
- Collaborate with the Legal/Real Estate teams to finalize contracts.
- Establish contact with architectural teams to obtain location drawings, guidelines and all other necessary technical start-up information.
- Build project briefs: collection start-up information from corporate and local involved parties that are necessary to develop the design, following company commercial requirements. This includes establishing contact with landlord’s team to obtain drawings, timing, guidelines and all other criteria necessary
- Coordinate with WW Architecture team and Director of Store Planning to prepare location lay-out to match planned retail sales and organize internal review with all necessary parties. This includes existing conditions and issues, millwork and lighting solutions and interior/exterior elevations reviews.
- Prepare Capex and Cost reports and timelines for budgeting and execution purposes & which are to be updated regularly, parallel to the project development and completion
- Negotiations, bidding and awarding process; supervise their activities and outcomes.
- Prepare and review schematic, preliminary and conceptual drawings, and coordinate with local architects’ final construction drawings to o ensure accuracy and design intent is met for bid and construction.
- Coordinate the review and approval of drawings with the landlord to receive necessary permission approvals, permits and authorizations for construction work
- Partner on general and millwork contractors: evaluate tender documents and offers and coordinate work assignments.
- Visit construction sites and prepare all necessary reports: from setting-out, project progress & milestones to punch list completion and opening, to ensure quality of building construction and millwork installation, identifying outstanding issues and ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Oversee technical work, time, cost & quality control from inception to completion and providing escalation of issues as appropriate.
- Compile and manage completion of RFPs, RFIs, AIA Contracts/Documents, Submittal Reviews, COs, OAC meetings, LL requirements, COIs, and tenant allowance documents package
- Manage project close out process including collecting as built & record set drawings, obtain final lien waivers and certificates, collect owner’s manuals, finalize financial account closures, and address warranty repairs if needed.
- Track and report progress of assigned projects to all internal and external teams.
- Support Store Design with their on-going research and development materials and fixture programs. Identify and support the prototyping of project components.
- Identify regional/local resources, materials, suppliers for cost and schedule efficiencies and develop vendor relationships.
- Assist Director with compiling and implementing new department processes & procedures and multi-project scheduling with team members
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in Architecture or a related Store Planning, Engineering field (Bachelor’s degree or similar).
- 10+ years of relevant luxury retail experience.
- Skilled in AutoCAD 2D/3D, Photoshop & all Microsoft Office programs.
- Detail & dead-line oriented, proactive and highly organized.
- Able to quickly shift from design creativity to management.
- Skilled at making decisions and solving problems when necessary while working independently, but also collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for retail design and construction
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines while self-motivating.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to mitigate project risks
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize changing deadlines
- Excellent scheduling skills with experience in project phasing
- Highly organized and efficient with time management
- High level understanding of Construction process and cost for different regions.
- Proven track record of driving (budget and schedule) results within fast-paced environment
- Understanding of key lease documents and Landlord Work Letter exhibits
- Must possess the ability to work independently and set priorities with minimal supervision
- Internal team coordination experience preferred
- Able to travel domestic and international, as needed
WHY WORK WITH US?
This is an exciting opportunity to join Balenciaga’s corporate team as a Senior Project Manager who will drive the business and contribute to the brand philosophy. We invite you to become part of a team that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms; race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law, enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for, and it is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.
- Full time
- United States of America