GUCCI Regional Operations Manager - Outlets
Gucci - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
Retail Operations, as part of the retail team, supports one of the most critical departments as the main link to support ongoing business growth while adhering to all Gucci policies and procedures.
Based in New York, the Regional Operations Manager will support and bring a commercial focus to the BOH and integrate the FOH and BOH seamlessly within the Outlet business. The candidate will have a desire to raise opportunities, propose solutions and ensure that we are creating a better store environment not only for our clients but also the teams.
The role will also support the development of the operations teams in the store and partner closely with the Director of Operations, and Sr Director - Outlets.
To ensure productive selling, the candidate will assess and implement in-store processes and policies in the Outlets, while keeping the company and brand image at the highest standard. Compliance to operational processes is maintained and managed by the Regional Operations Manager, while monitoring front of house (FOH) and back of house (BOH) productivity as well as client experience.
New Projects/ Regional Strategy (strategy & implementation)
- Identify opportunities to improve our stores’ client/ team as well as product experiences working closely with the Director of Operations, and Sr Director of Outlets assessing the market including the competition continuously
- Aim to be “change agent” to improve our stores and the team/ client experience
- Raise opportunities to the Director of Operations & Sr Director of Outlets, and take a lead in making proposals for improvement
- Be a commercially minded partner to the store director as well as the store management team to continuously improve store operations affecting not only the BOH but also the FOH
- Provide prompt resolutions for store inquires
- Take lead when necessary, on local or global project initiatives including defining proper business requirements, key stakeholders and deadline adherence
- Be present in the stores, both FOH and BOH, by visiting Flagship stores monthly and other doors at least every other month
- Promote use of operational tools in store; providing on the spot training and insight to elevate efficiency.
- Lead by example leveraging operational tools while in store, and support identifying how these tools can best be leveraged.
Training & Team Development
- Provide training to new operations team members, as well as training on various Operational tools to ensure consistent and clear understanding of tools
- Proactively identify gaps in knowledge for existing teams and provide training, and in person support
- Support proactively the Store Director in developing the Operations teams by assessing talent and mapping outgrowth opportunities
- Ensure proper career progression for operations teams in the store and create developmental plans in partnership with the Store Director, Director of Operations, and Sr Director of Outlets
Store Openings, Renovations & Relocations
- Coordinate activities to operationally prepare for store; openings/renovations/relocation activities within their respective market through conducting conference calls (or meetings) to ensure smooth opening and proper dissemination of information to key departments;
- Support the onboarding of all new hires store managers.
Policy & Procedures
- Create, update and disseminate all policies and procedures.
- Ensure all stores are adhering to all GAI local and worldwide policies and procedures;
- Consistently review and identify any critical areas that require additional guidelines;
- Utilize all existing tools to support the stores (i.e. checklists) as well as identify necessary future action planning to ensure most efficient FOH and BOH experience;
- Ensure the proper use of all digital tools as it relates to retail operations.
- Conduct in-store operations training for new store managers;
- In a leased environment adhere to the specificities as outlined by the respective business agreement and leased policies.
- At least 5 years of experience in a multi-store support role and in a fast-paced, ideally luxury/ fashion environment;
- Ideal candidate has experience as a store director
- Proficient experience in building material, using multitude of platforms and tools, that can be easily facilitated at store level;
- Decisive and able to collaborate effectively with a team to develop strategies;
- Experience in working closely with Store Planning, merchandising, Finance, MIS, Loss Prevention, Consumer management and Training;
- The ability to direct a team well through change management;
- Good project management skills;
- Strong business acumen, highly analytical, able to present and promote ideas;
- Experience in logistical planning, development of processes and policies;
- Proven to be a strategic thinker and focused on the end results;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- High Proficiency: in Excel and PowerPoint.
Key Pillars for Ways of Working
- Execute the mission of the role with a Radically Client-Centric mindset;
- Approach activities and relationships with a methodology that promotes Flat, Connected and Fast ways of collaborative working;
- Be Relentlessly Creative and approach challenges with an innovative mindset;
- Demonstrate that Everyone is an Owner through thoughts, actions, and behaviors.
Key Behaviors to Amplify What We Do
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States.
Our Gucci community is committed to providing a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in all aspects of the employee life cycle – starting with the candidate experience. If you are interested in becoming a Gucci Dream-maker and applying for employment and require a reasonable accommodation to assist with any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
When contacting us, please provide your contact information, the role you have applied to, and the nature of your accessibility issue. Please only send inquiries concerning requests for reasonable accommodations.
Salary Range – New York City
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York, GUCCI includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $75,000 USD to $95,000 USD.
- Full time
- United States of America