KERING Performance Improvement and Project Manager
Kering - Regular
Tokyo - Japan
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.”
We are currently looking for a project manager responsible for Logistics who will be responsible for our several Kering brands in Japan.
The overall objectives of the position are to lead and manage Kering Group’s logistics KPIs and new project development from local/WW level. Define, design and implement process improvement to operational processes, ensure integration and alignment vertically and horizontally across organization. Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies and priorities. Lead and develop new project relating to import/export, international/domestic transportation, stock/storage control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods. Facilitates process improvement approaches and lead project development work with other logistics teams. Establishes and maintains performance metrics to measure improvement effectiveness and success. Utilize LEAN, Six Sigma and change management methodologies to meet qualitative and quantitative target with best cost model in the market.
How you will contribute
- Define improvement opportunity and provide project plan for improvement.
- Lead and implement WW project.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Develop seamless operational flow and process.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Identify, manage, communicate and mitigate risk\issues with administration throughout process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the internal customers and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation(e.g. SOP).
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who you are
- Respond appropriately questions and concerns in a professional manner.
- Works in close partnership with key member and coordinates all assigned responsibilities effectively.
- Possesses skills in motivation, self-direction, and punctuality. Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team and keep team members updated on current project developments.
- 5 years to 10 years logistics, warehouse and/or ecommerce operation experience.
- Experience of logistics development in retail or fashion(preferably luxury).
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Possesses a thorough understanding of theory and practices of quality improvement and logistics risk.
- Strong knowledge of retail and luxury business needs and demands.
- Proactive approach in finding out innovative solution.
- Good IT and system knowledge.
- Ability to use clerical and numerical skills in preparing final drafts and documents from raw data
- Ability to create letters, forms, documents, presentations
- Ability to run reports, analyze and interpret data, assist in implementation and maintenance of necessary database and event reporting systems.
- Possesses a professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concept in a clear effective manner.
- Possesses excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate to staff members at all levels. Ability to work as a “business partner” and sense of humor and willingness to have fun while at work.
- Fluent in Japanese and business level English
- Full time