Kering - Regular
KERING Inbound Logistics & Trade Compliance Specialist
Kering - Regular
Central Singapore - Singapore
About us A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2017, Kering had nearly 29,000 employees and restated revenue of €10.816 billion. We are currently seeking an Inbound Logistics & Trade Compliance Specilaist who will report to the Inbound Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager as part of our dynamic team in Singapore.
This new role will aggressively drive the delivery of product to Kering’s retail entities in order to meet new product launch dates, support successful replenishment and ensure on-time delivery and receipt of finished goods to our Southeast Asia and Oceania (SEAO) warehouses and retail stores in a manner that is consistent with velocity, quality and cost objectives. The individual will build and continuously improve a fast, cost-efficient, and compliant logistics model within the Southeast Asia and Oceania Region. Correct execution of this position will result in freight, duty and inbound handling costs managed to the lowest level possible while maximizing service levels and ensuring total compliance with all import and export regulations in the region.
How you will contribute
- Support the implementation of a global logistics & distribution strategy that allows achievement of corporate growth and profit objectives.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and enhance processes for import & export compliance, freight booking, turnover, information management, delivery and receipt in order to support more effective customer demand fulfilment.
- Work with Kering’s headquarters, freight forwarders, customs brokers, retail operations, destination customs and other governmental agencies to ensure destination trade compliance requirements are satisfied across all product categories for all countries in the region.
- Liaise with Kering retail teams in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand to ensure inbound shipment processes are planned and executed in order to meet quality and delivery expectations.
- Coordinate with brand retail ops, visual merchandising, and store planning on new store openings, seasonal launches, and special projects to ensure on-time delivery.
- Help to maintain global visibility to events and circumstances in the SEAO supply chain that may impact retail operations. Improve core organizational knowledge of trade agreements, governmental regulations and other trade opportunities and constraints in order to improve the overall operation of the business in SEAO.
- Advise the regional organization on opportunities to leverage FTA’s, preferential duty schemes and other trade opportunities in the region.
- Develop and maintain a process for executing and providing visibility to for all sample, visual merchandise and non-stock shipments for retail in SEAO.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of SEAO destination country retail compliance requirements. Support the mission to deliver floor ready goods direct to all retail destinations.
- Assists other departments with information related to the status of freight bookings, cargo turnover and on-time vessel departure, and import & Export entries at destination.
- Maintain a complete understanding of compliance requirements. Work with 3PL’s, After-Sales, Distribution, Retail Ops, and Finance to resolve all issues.
- Support the logistics team and brands in all tasks required in the course of business.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE FIRST 12 MONTHS:
- Help to maintain and revise regional shipping guidelines and SOP’s for all destination countries in the SEAO region. Including procedures for booking and confirming inbound shipments with freight forwarders and import and export brokerage procedures within the SEAO region.
- Elevate visibility and improve communication to and from our brands with regular updates on shipment status and work to resolve issues with multiple third parties.
- Participate in the reporting of KPI’s for all third party vendors.
- Conduct a daily review of inbound shipments with service providers and retail brands to our regional warehouses and retail stores. Confirm shipping order requests from vendors inbound to our DC’s.
- Participate in a weekly call with all destination warehouses to discuss inbound shipping status, priorities, exception resolution and issue management.
- Ensure import export, fish & wildlife, CITES and OGA compliance for all shipments into and within the region.
- Support the Duty Drawback programs in countries throughout the region (AU, TH).
- Maintain guidelines for and provide training to the brands on store to store and intercompany transfers between retail entities to ensure a smooth flow of goods through customs in the SEAO region.
- On a weekly basis, support the Manager of Trade Compliance to review and report on inbound shipments, consolidation, retail cross-dock operations and inbound shipments for the SEAO Region.
Who you are
- Bachelor of Science degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or related discipline
- 0-2 years of experience in retail supply chain, third party logistics, customs brokerage or trade consultancy.
- A high level of spoken and written English. Proficiency in Malay or Thai, while not required, will be viewed favourably. (In order to liaise with the Malay or Thai speaking associates)
- Proficient with Microsoft excel
- Ability to work independently, as well as with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proven attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity or uncertainty and to act as an agent of change and improvement
- A working knowledge of Kering’s core ERP, our freight forwarder’s cargo management platforms, as well as our DC’s warehouse management systems.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time