SAINT LAURENT Merchandising Manager – Women’s
Saint Laurent - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
We are currently seeking a Merchandising Manager – Women’s who will report to General Merchandising Manager, China as part of our dynamic team in China.
You will be responsible for driving the Women’s business to achieve sales, sell thru, and inventory targets for Saint Laurent stores in China. Cross-functional collaboration and support to stores to reach department goals while ensuring optimal product offering and key brand messages across the network.
- To develop the Women’s business in China (Handbags, SLG, RTW, Shoes, Silk, Jewelry and Sunglasses) and maximize sales within sell-through parameters.
- Partner with the GMM, Store Directors and Central Merchandising team to determine the appropriate strategies and objectives in terms of new products development, new products launch, product assortment & distribution and prices.
- Close monitoring of the business to ensure that sell-through objectives and other financial objectives are achieved.
- Determining and executing a holistic strategy for the Women’s universe to maximize the business in China while ensuring an accurate and consistent delivery of brand messages.
- Drive buying sessions to ensure best merchandise is purchased at appropriate quantities/sizes to achieve targeted sales projections and sell-through
- Plan seasonal product launch to preview new collection for clients, including trunk shows and pre-order events
- Partner with training team on product trainings and provide the store network with relevant collection/product information, sales strategies and selling techniques
- Partner closely with VM on collection launches, boutique remerchandising & end of season sale
- Own the product life cycle including seasonal assortment planning, line development and merchandise selection
- Manage inventory, delivery, and reordering situations to ensure appropriate levels of stock of designated product categories are maintained, and responsible for merchandise allocations to DOS and co-ordination with stores and warehouse for stock replenishment issues
- Monitor sales and sell-through situations and execute appropriate strategies and tactics to boost sales, and manage all pricing and merchandise related issues for seasonal sale periods
- Deliver analysis and feedbacks on sales performance, inventory situations and other merchandise-related issues
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and target customer profile through regular research and competitive analysis
- Communicate to worldwide merchants on product feedback and market needs including strategic pricing and product placement
- Collaborate with retail team to ensure understanding of local market needs by supporting in-store activities, contributing to customer loyalty, and maximizing the retail calendar
- Work closely with other internal departments including: Retail, E-Commerce, Business Planning, Visual Merchandising, Store Planning, Communications
- International travel to Paris as well local travel within Mainland China
- Education background: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in fashion merchandising/buying role with international fashion/luxury brand companies.
- Strong fashion and market sense with solid high-end fashion buying experience for the China market
- Strong leadership and communicator with a proven track record in leading, coaching, developing and succession planning of buying team
- High level of financial and business acumen
- Excellent presentation, planning and analytical skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Entrepreneurial, detail-minded, target-oriented
- Extensive traveling will be required
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China