ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Retail Training Manager - Americas, New York
Alexander McQueen - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
We are currently looking for a Retail Training Manager, reporting to VP of Retail, based in the New York Corporate office with travel within US and Canada.
The successful candidate will be spending 30% of their time traveling to regional stores in the field and 70% of their time on content and strategy development. The Retail Training Manager will be focused on developing the teams by giving them the tools to be able to enhance the customer experience at a store level.
How will you contribute:
- Strategize and develop Americas retail training priorities, ownership, execution, and calendar in partnership with VP Retail, merchandising and CRM teams
- Measure the success of programs through KPIs/metrics, mystery shop & NPS results and act on insights
- Manage the development of, and continuously challenge, retail training programs
- Assess needs regionally and by-door, develop and lead main areas of Americas training department responsibilities: brand ambassadorship, storytelling, client journey, styling, product strategies and cross-selling strategies
- Responsible for establishing and executing a development strategy that enhances the skills, knowledge, and abilities of retail employees, facilitates the achievement of business goals, and builds brand culture
- Create the Americas training department: recruiting, hiring and training the Retail Training team
- Assess training and development needs and determine initiatives or action plans needed to support store teams in achieving their goals in partnership with retail managers
- Consistently support / follow up with each store/channel, ensuring that training is consistent across the region
- Partner with Retail Managers and Operations team on new hire checklists as well as ongoing training action plans, ensuring their adoption and completion
- Cascade training information to the wholesale team, ensuring adoption of relevant content, oversight/approval of training content and execution
- Ability to travel within the region to ensure consistency of training is delivered throughout the market
- Build and facilitate in person and virtual onboarding programs for new store openings and new store leadership
- Consistently conduct training needs analysis and review needs within the region
- Cascade training information to Kering Signature
- Monitor the usage of any learning tools provided by the company
Who you are:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a training professional, with minimum 3 years at managerial level preferred
- Availability to travel (30%)
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Serve as strong brand ambassador and mentor to all retail functions within managed network, working with a high degree of integrity and detail
- Strong presentation / facilitation skills - the candidate should be able to successfully facilitate trainings to any size of audiences
- Ability to adapt to different levels of understanding of participants by identifying and evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to deal with challenging situation with a positive mindset and solution finding approach
- Develop rapports with sister brands training leaders and global partners to understand their programs and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Power Point expertise, with proved graphic skills and attention to details
Salary range: $105,000 - $115,000 per year
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United States of America