BALENCIAGA Visual Merchandiser
Balenciaga - Regular
Seoul - Korea, Republic of
Cristóbal Balenciaga founded the House in 1917 in his home of Spain. In 1937, he established the brand in Paris, designing its collections there until 1968. Cristóbal Balenciaga had a reputation as a couturier of uncompromising standards and was referred to as "the master of us all" by Christian Dior and as “The Couturier of the Couturiers” by Gabrielle Chanel. The ultra-modern shapes were trademarks of the house.
While the brand’s identity is firmly rooted in its highly conceptual prêt-à-porter collections, its leather goods, footwear, and accessories experience worldwide success as well. Among the archetypal products of the House are its handbag collections. A new focus on the development of Balenciaga ready-to-wear collections for men was quickly established as highly successful.
Since October 2015, Demna has designed both men’s and women’s collections as the artistic director.
The Balenciaga House, part of the Kering group since 2001, is one of the most influential names in fashion.
We are currently seeking a Visual Merchandiser who will report to Visual Merchandising Manager in Korea.
This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of visual merchandising and visibility activities for Balenciaga Korea in accordance with the global headquarters guidelines. Effectively lead Balenciaga retail stores and wholesale division in all aspects of visual merchandising implementation and maintenance.
How you will contribute
- Ensure compliance of visual merchandising standards at all Korean point-of-sales in collaboration with global HQ
- Manage all aspects of visual merchandising services relative to openings, product launches and seasonal programs at the point of sale including; planning, ordering, allocation and communication
- Effectively monitor inventory and fulfillment of core and seasonal point-of-sale materials to support the business
- Control quality of implementation through photo analysis of launch programs posted by the stores
- Conduct visual merchandising trainings and site visits to support the sales channels
- Liaise with the Merchandising, Communication, Retail teams for the planning of special events and activities
- Managing inventory and repair of display tools
- Arrange the installations of seasonal lightbox and external window
Who you are
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience with budget responsibility
- Affinity with visual merchandising: capacity to understand and execute a creative brief
- Ability to communicate and implement creative guidelines across a complex distribution network
- Works effectively cross-departmentally with global headquarters, divisions and operations to manage company-wide visual merchandising projects
- Previous store opening experience, hands-on team player
- Detail oriented, strong administrative and logistics skills
- Multi sales-channel experience a plus (Retail/Wholesale)
- Self-motivated, exhibits strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Frequent travel is required
Why work with us?
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation - enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for. It is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.