ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Design Assistant - Men's Leathergoods
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Design Assistant who will report to the Senior and Head Designer based in our central London offices.
Alexander McQueen is actively searching for a budding Design Assistant to support a growing category, Men's Leather collections. The role requires effective collaboration with all team members, a high level of attention to detail and confidence working in a fast-paced and pressurised environment. The successful candidate will have excellent people and project management skills, strong product sensitivity, underpinned with a commercial mindset.
As the Design Assistant your role is to provide support to the Senior and Head Designers. Following any task, they require.
How you will contribute:
- Image research
- Sketching and technical drawings
- Making Swatches/ mock-ups/ trials
- Photoshop renderings
- Illustrator artworks
- Embroidery placements
- Photographing and organising prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives
- Other administrative tasks
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience ideally working in Men's Leather goods design (beneficial)
- You will have worked in a luxury fashion house design team
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office
- Strong drawing skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the Alexander McQueen design aesthetic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The highest level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and requests, while working under pressure
- Excellent organisation skills
- Able to travel when required
- Excellent communication skills
- ‘Can do’ entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom