Pomellato Building Manager
Pomellato - Regular
MILANO - Italy
We are currently looking for a Building Manager with strong interpersonal skills and a proactive attitude to manage our Italian premises and and look after the related maintenance.
How you will contribute:
Reporting to Head of Security and H&S, she/he will be in charge of the strategic construction projects for the renewal of existing Pomellato premises and the set up of new buildings, supervising 3rd party contractors on a daily basis.
She/He will be in charge to:
- Coordinate the strategic construction projects for the renewal of existing Pomellato premises and the set up of the new buildings, being the main interface with our main contractors and professional consultants;
- Develop and ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to facilities management are being followed, while finding and implementing opportunities for improvements;
- Develop and monitor facility inspections, maintenance HVAC system and schedule and coordinate maintenance activities to meet schedules;
- Develop, monitor, and maintain facility compliance metrics to meet Pomellato/Kering best practices;
- Manage, coach, assist, and direct workforce (in particular 3rd party contractors) for facilities and maintenance;
- Provide guidance in projects and design guidelines that affect HVAC systems and their respective operations;
- Consult on major repairs identified during HVAC inspections, especially when repairs may affect airflow or air exchange rates;
- Plan, organize, schedule, coordinate, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of HVAC systems and other mechanical and electric systems consultants. Provide appropriate advice and assistance on system problems;
- In accordance with the H&S Manager enforce and promote safe working practices both internal and external. Onboard contractors and work with them to develop safety plans, ensuring they follow through on those safety plans while executing work;
Specifically for the renewal of existing premises and new buildings set up projects she/he will:
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within defined budget;
- Act as a Project Manager and be the main interface with project contractors and consultants;
- Review project estimate or plan to determine schedule, estimated job cost, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project;
- Coordinate daily/weekly meeting with all the area managers and project engineers to develop means and methods, schedule contracting needs and long lead delivery times;
- Anticipate project needs with sufficient lead-time to avoid production delays;
- In accordance with the H&S Manager enforce and promote safe working environment supervising all the H&S aspect proactively;
- Be in charge of maintaining the relationship with all the project stakeholders
Who you are:
- 3-5 years experience in Building Maintenance and/or complex construction project management;
- Degree in Engineering. Mechanical engineering specialization as a plus;
- Good knowledge of the management of HVAC/BMS;
- Capability to define and roll out procedures for both employees and suppliers/consultants;
- Proficient use of Office IT tools;
- Fluent or proficient in Italian and English. Other languages as a plus.
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with an unconventional brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Pomellato and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Pomellato is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates.
- Full time