KERING IP Manager - offline investigation
Kering - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
The roles and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
How you will contribute
- Work in close collaboration with the Legal IP team in APAC, EMEA, Americas to design and implement effective anti-counterfeiting and brand protection strategies for the Brands
- Implement an agreed offline anti-counterfeiting strategy in China with the objective of halting the exportation, importation, distribution and sales of counterfeit products of the Brands
- Demonstrate a solid expertise and ability in understanding the landscape of IPR infringements activities in China and enforcing any IPR actions in China directly or through private investigators and law firms (“Vendors”)
- Manage effectively investigations and enforcement actions, liaise with outside counsels on strategic planning
- Closely supervise, monitor, enhance and instruct a portfolio of Vendors and leverage on the size of our Group by negotiating Group discounts. Ensure Vendors compliance to the Group policies and China Laws and Regulations at all times
- Establish and maintain excellent but strictly ethical working relationships with the relevant law enforcement agencies, and particularly National Customs, the Public Security Bureau, the Market Supervision administration and the CNIPO.
- Be our product verification specialist
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the governmental and non-governmental organizations, trade associations and brand owners, and particularly the Quality Brand Protection Committee, the Chambers of Commerce and the Intellectual Property and Customs attaches of the European Embassies. Support their key brand protection initiatives
- Actively engage in Brands awareness and educational programs by preparing and delivering trainings to law enforcement agencies and all staff of the Group in China
- Communicate with and report to the colleagues and the Brands in a clear and result driven way
- To perform adhoc project as may be assigned from time to time.
- Willing to travel domestically (may be 30-40% travel).
Who you are
Experience, business and technical skills
- LLB preferred in criminal and/or IP law
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar position in China or Asia with sizeable MNC, consultancy/law firm and/or governmental enforcement agency / local Chinese company. Law enforcement background is preferred.
- Solid experience in IP investigation and supervision of investigators.
- Sound understanding and solution of legal IP issues and enforcement regulations.
- Integrity and ethical behavior are paramount. Knowledge of the national and international anti bribery laws (i.e. FCPA, UK anti bribery Act, etc.) is desirable
- Be willing to think outside the box for solutions of the issues and look at matters from different perspectives.
- Good interpersonal skills and a sound communication skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and complete cases/projects in a timely manner
- Strong organization, presentation, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- High level of commitment, motivation and team orientation
- Must be a team player, willing to work with and align with the team.
- Fluent in Chinese. Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China