SAINT LAURENT Human Resources Manager/Assistant Manager, Southeast Asia
Saint Laurent - Regular
Singapore - Singapore
ABOUT SAINT LAURENT
Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and freedom. This shift represented a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionized the socio-cultural landscape.
In 1999, the luxury goods division of the Kering Group acquired Yves Saint Laurent and, under the creative direction of Anthony Vaccarello since April 2016, continues to position the house at the summit of the luxury universe.
Today, Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties and eyewear.
This position is based in the Saint Laurent Singapore office, reporting directly to the Human Resources Director, Southeast Asia Oceania; heading up all HR disciplines for Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand retail and corporate office.
You will identify and deliver HR strategies to support business goals and drive results with the responsibility for all HR activities and the end-to-end employee lifecycle. You will play an ambassador role in delivering the company’s culture empowering and inspiring to drive the talent and leadership capabilities.
- Develop strong and trusted partnerships with internal business clients providing coaching and advice on people-related matters and strategies, supporting organizational design in line with overall business needs
- Manage all employee-related issues
- Define the recruitment strategy to hire the best talents fitting with Saint Laurent’s culture and business needs. Lead the recruitment process and ensure a positive experience during the onboarding process for all new employees, setting up for success within the company and their role
- Coach management to manage high and low performers in a timely and impactful manner, understanding the skill gaps and training needs and creating relevant development plans to support business plans
- Identify key contributors to the business and advise on short & long-term ways to increase retention of key talents. Lead talent review discussions to identify key talents, plan their development across Saint Laurent and/or Kering, and prepare for succession
- Ensure the compensation and benefits are aligned to the market and support our attraction and retention objectives
- Implement a holistic communication strategy to implement HR initiatives, ensuring alignment with business priorities and promoting a positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Owner of budget and forecasting business process for markets, responsible for preparing, supporting, and monitoring market personnel costs at the retail and corporate level; productivity levels, and carry out cost controls as needed.
- Implement global HR initiatives at the market level, share any market specificities with HQ, and adapt these as per local needs
- Other ad hoc duties as required by management
- Solid HRBP experience, prior experience in global MNC and retail industry a plus
- People-oriented, solution focused, and results driven
- Excellent communication skills, inspiring and engaging; effective coach, ability to empower the business
- Strong technical HR knowledge and employment legislation in respective markets
- Computer savvy and intermediate knowledge on excel and other Microsoft office suites
- Willing to travel as necessary to visit markets
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.