SAINT LAURENT Merchandising Manager – WRTW & Shoes
Saint Laurent - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
We are currently seeking a Merchandising Manager – WRTW & Shoes who will report to General Merchandising Manager, China as part of our dynamic team in China.
You will be responsible for driving the WRTW & Shoes business to achieve sales, sell thru, and inventory targets for Saint Laurent stores in China. Cross-functional collaboration and support to stores to reach department goals while ensuring optimal product offering and key brand messages across the network.
- To develop the Women’s business in China (RTW and Shoes) and maximize sales within sell-through parameters.
- Partner with the GMM, Store Directors and Central Merchandising team to determine the appropriate strategies and objectives in terms of new products development, new products launch, product assortment & distribution and prices.
- Close monitoring of the business to ensure that sell-through objectives and other financial objectives are achieved.
- Determining and executing a holistic strategy for the WRTW and Shoes to maximize the business in China while ensuring an accurate and consistent delivery of brand messages.
- Drive buying sessions to ensure best merchandise is purchased at appropriate quantities/sizes to achieve targeted sales projections and sell-through
- Plan seasonal product launch to preview new collection for clients, including trunk shows and pre-order events
- Partner with training team on product trainings and provide the store network with relevant collection/product information, sales strategies and selling techniques
- Partner closely with VM on collection launches, boutique remerchandising & end of season sale
- Own the product life cycle including seasonal assortment planning, line development and merchandise selection
- Manage inventory, delivery, and reordering situations to ensure appropriate levels of stock of designated product categories are maintained, and responsible for merchandise allocations to DOS and co-ordination with stores and warehouse for stock replenishment issues
- Monitor sales and sell-through situations and execute appropriate strategies and tactics to boost sales, and manage all pricing and merchandise related issues for seasonal sale periods
- Deliver analysis and feedbacks on sales performance, inventory situations and other merchandise-related issues
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and target customer profile through regular research and competitive analysis
- Communicate to worldwide merchants on product feedback and market needs including strategic pricing and product placement
- Collaborate with retail team to ensure understanding of local market needs by supporting in-store activities, contributing to customer loyalty, and maximizing the retail calendar
- Work closely with other internal departments including: Retail, E-Commerce, Business Planning, Visual Merchandising, Store Planning, Communications
- International travel to Paris as well local travel within Mainland China
- Education background: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in fashion merchandising/buying role with international fashion/luxury brand companies.
- Strong fashion and market sense with solid high-end fashion buying experience for the China market
- Strong leadership and communicator with a proven track record in leading, coaching, developing and succession planning of buying team
- High level of financial and business acumen
- Excellent presentation, planning and analytical skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Entrepreneurial, detail-minded, target-oriented
- Extensive traveling will be required
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China