KERING Director of Learning & Development
Kering - Regular
New York - United States of America
Kering is investing in a new role, Director of Learning & Development - Americas, responsible for creating a local Learning & Development Center of Excellence, and continuously challenging, improving, and refining the delivery of L&D programs in North & South America. In addition, the position will be the lead implementer of Global L&D program initiatives to local teams in the region.
The Kering Americas organization supports 4500 employees belonging to 12 different European luxury houses and located across 5 countries in North & South America. The Director of Learning & Development is an individual contributor role who will work in close partnership with the Global L&D team in Paris and other internal / external partnerships to design and deploy impactful learning programs.
How You Contribute
- Implement, and where necessary localize, existing and new programs developed by Kering’s Global L&D team, such as leadership and talent management trainings.
- Create a culture of learning mindset in the region and drive adoption of Kering’s existing L&D offering, such as our online eLearning catalogue and high-potential leadership programs.
- Lead development and delivery of Americas L&D offering for Kering’s regional employee population with an initial emphasis on creating complimentary soft-skills curriculum that compliments the existing global people management skills and talent management cycle program and roadmap.
- Develops solutions that respect unique needs and cultural identity of luxury houses at various stages of business maturity.
- Serve as a though-leader of L&D best practices and innovation in the Americas region to share with regional HR heads of houses and to challenge the broader talent community.
- Keeps informed of and, as needed, supports development and implementation of learning programs being developed independently in the houses and look for opportunities to enhance, harmonize, and leverage for the Group; Partner with cross-house HR / Talent teams
- Builds and manages strong relationships and gains organizational buy-in and adoption in a highly matrixed, global organization to ensure consistency and best practice sharing
- Lead by example and positively influence stakeholders, clients and team members.
- Integrate Diversity & Inclusion concepts into new and existing leadership & management development program designs and experiences.
- Serve initially as primary writer and editor to produce quality courseware/programs that are adapted to the audience including: facilitator scripts/notes, leader guides, participant materials, multi-media scripting, supplementary resource tools, and all participant and stakeholder communications.
- Lead the design and delivery of post-program, follow-up support tools/processes; build and execute a measurement strategy to align program outcomes with business impact.
- Proactively manage and track key dates, events, and communications.
- Apply change management theory, best practices, and processes to lead small and large-scale change associated with new learning solutions.
Who you are
10+ years experience in a People-focused role, including a minimum of 5+ years of Learning & Development experience in a leadership capacity
High degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business acumen
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure and be able to prioritize a heavy workload with multiple deadlines. Ability to work autonomously and with flexibility
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort in delivering to senior management and employees at all levels of the organization
- A passion for Learning & Development and respect for the discipline and art of organization development; Experience in organizational design and change management is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that can adapt based on the audience
- Prior experience operating in both global and/or highly matrixed organizations
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy, define programs and deliver content
- Proficiency in using technology to leverage Learning & Development and proficiency in using data and analytics to measure program outcomes
- Able to seamlessly navigate between the big picture and the details, and between hands-on and strategic
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills
- Hands-on – not above administrative
Proficiency in MS Microsoft computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and email skills required
- Well-rounded / multi-hypenate L&D professional with balanced skills in facilitation, instructional design, and development and execution of blended learning solutions
- Possesses an inventory of certifications relevant to the L&D space, such as DiSC, SDI, Coaching, etc.
- Has an existing network of outside resources who can support design and implementation of learning solutions for the region.
- Familiarity with retail industry and outside industries a plus
- Full time
- North America
- United States of America