GUCCI Media Associate Director
Gucci - Regular
Tokyo - Japan
Media Director will work tightly with VP of Brand Engagement to initiate, develop and implement Brand Engagement strategy, with objective to uplift brand desirability and stimulate sales. The role needs to build integrated media strategy, using traditional and digital media types in Japan. This role is also responsible for company’s overall SEO strategy with deep knowledge on Search Engine Marketing. An ideal candidate is both exceptionally analytical with a disruptive, digital-first mindset, that equally understands the power of brand elevation. This role must orchestrate the right messages at the right time to the right audience to build exposure and drive sales to our owned network of stores, retail partners and online stores on Gucci.JP.
• Develop the strategic and creative vision for Gucci’s media presence across traditional and digital typologies, aligned to Brand Engagement Calendar covering product launches, key events and seasonality.
• Use sharp media insight and strong knowledge of ecosystem to constantly innovate and build up “test and learn” mindsets in the organization together with agency.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to break organization silos and create synergy. Work closely with product marketing, merchandizing and client engagement team to align business objective, campaign focus and target audiences; partner with PR team to constantly reinforce media integration and optimization; work with sales team, understand business’ needs and translate into actionable initiatives including online and offline traffic generation and customer journey enhancement.
• Plan native calendar in line with company strategy and manager its content production to maximize efficiency in terms of sales and branding.
• Steer goal setting and constantly measure and optimize the result, assign appropriate KPIs by objective from brand demand to performance marketing; Participate and help establish Japan’s place in the worldwide Media Measurement and Attribution roadmap, to improve tracking intelligence, effectiveness and efficiency of campaigns.
• Build a bottom-up budget approach in order to create impact, accountable for budget planning, execution.
• Directly manage the local Agency team to ensure optimal service and results.
• Build and coach media team; identify key talents, develop clear/actional individual career plan.
• Partner and collaborate with Licensed Teams at Coty, Kering Eyewear and Gucci Watches & Jewelry to develop and monitor the media strategy across their categories.
Requirements - Key behavioral competencies - basics
• College Degree.
• 15+ years of working experience in media fields with focus on digital and data optimization. Mature yet strong leadership skills, willing to adapt, with 10+ years in management position.
• Excellent industry relationships and partnerships and strong negotiation skills.
• Meticulous and detail oriented while understanding the big picture brand and marketing strategy.
• Ability to manage agency partners and hold them accountable for deliverables and results.
• Excellent in both written and spoken English.
• Very proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Forward thinking, proactive initiator, willing to take challenges and believe in team collaboration.
• Excellent project management and cross functions communications skills.
• Creative thinking - ability to look outside the box and develop new strategies.
• Socially savvy, analytical thinker results oriented.
• Empowers others, fosters a respectful workplace.
Key behavioral competencies – Gucci Amplifiers
• Agile Advocate: demonstrated ability to promote change, to take smart-risks and bring others on board. You know how and when to accelerate
• Strong Talent Builder and People Enabler: you create the space for people to take decisions, considering their unique perspectives. You have a keen eye to help other to grow and learn, no matter whether they report to you or not.
• Considerate thinker: you carefully consider how your actions and decisions impact others around you and have an ability to connect the dots.
• Solution Developer: keep an open eye on trends and innovation, using different approaches to come up with innovative yet pragmatic solutions
• Connection Builder: ability to build trust-based relationships with a strong influencing and presentation skills, adapting messaging based on your audience.
• Accountable Achiever: a willingness to go the extra-mile, pushing self out of the comfort zone, taking accountability for results whether good or bad
• Continuous learner: you are self-aware and have a passion for learning new things. You are curious and constantly seek to develop yourself, putting improvement over comfort.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Gucci adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, disability, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace.
It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time