ALEXANDER MCQUEEN RTW Product Merchandiser
- United Kingdom
Alexander McQueen are looking for an ambitious RTW Product/Collection Merchandiser, with the opportunity to benefit from 360˚ product ownership; responsible for guaranteeing the craftsmanship and success of RTW. You will actively help to shape the collection plan and merchandising grid, frequently travel for campaigns and play a key role in driving growth.
- Looking after the analysis on both Sell in and sell through
- Participate in technical reviews; driving the development planning cycle through establishing schedules and chasing key stakeholders to ensure key merchandise planning dates are respected
- Responsible for managing all sale and competitor analysis for the category, demonstrating extensive analytical skills
- Interpret market needs/trends and contributes to the identification of the various customer targets: evaluating lifestyle, attitude, behaviour and spending capacity of luxury consumers
- Supports the Design Team in the development of collections, in order to find the optimal balance between design vision and commercial goals, taking into consideration regional consumer variances and local sale needs
- Support when required in repricing items and calculating global price conversions, ensuring these are aligned and respects the brand and product pricing structure
- Through extensive competitor analysis, continually look to identify relevant opportunities to enhance the collection
- Play an instrumental support role during the campaigns, ensuring shots accurately depict new product ranges, coding all items in a highly time sensitive environment, loading onto the catalogue and assisting with other activities as required
- Assist with other Merchandising projects as and when required
- Create, update and manage changes to seasonal RTW collection development schedules.
- Monitor competitor prices and present seasonal pricing report before range plan development.
- Produce seasonal sales briefing document and ensure all key product information is collated from design and passed to the sales team for retail training documents.
- Update sales team with all collection and production changes/cancellations as well as pricing and style code updates.
- Assist with seasonal showroom set up and installation.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of collection merchandising gained at a similar contemporary fashion brand
- Highly numerate and analytical with experience of analysing data, producing reports and developing action plans.
- Working knowledge of product construction (preferred)
- Experience of working closely with both Development and Design teams.
- Strong fashion sensibility with ability to forecast trends.
- Good knowledge of contemporary fashion environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and wider Office Suite
- Extensive analytical and numeracy skills, always demonstrating the highest level of attention to detail even when working in a highly pressurised environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a someone passionate and capable wanting to part of a team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom