BOTTEGA VENETA - HR Advisor
Bottega Veneta - Regular
London - United Kingdom
How you will contribute:
- Act as the first point of contact for all general HR related queries; providing pragmatic HR advice and support on policies and practices, with the aim to raise performance and minimise organisational risk.
- Work closely with the HR Manager and support on ad-hoc projects, with the possibility to lead and manage your own projects in time.
- Attend operational meetings to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that all areas of compliance are adhered to consistently, including brand, company, legislative and HR best practice.
- Provide administrative support for employee life cycle processes, including new starters, leavers, contract changes and the monthly payroll.
- Act as an advanced user of the HRIS system (Workday), administering and managing stored employee data and personnel files.
- Provide a dedicated HR advisory service to Store Managers in respect of employee relation matters, in line with Company Procedure, UK & Ireland employment legislation and HR Best practice.
- Lead on the management of employee probationary periods. Ensure that probation review meetings take place for all employees through effective and proactive communication of probation review dates to Managers. Coaching and advising them on procedure, supporting Managers during meetings and with any related administration (i.e. Invitation and Outcome letters, ordering Discount Cards).
- Lead on the management of Family and Flexible Working Policies. Coaching and advising managers on parental leave and flexible working, supporting Managers during meetings, and maintaining the parental leave log. Liaising with the Kering SSC HR & Payroll team to ensure all related administration is completed as required.
- Lead on the management of cases relating to unauthorised (AWOL) and sickness absence. Providing support and guidance to managers on procedure, producing AWOL correspondence, liaising with Occupational Health, and supporting during any LTS case review or formal capability meetings as required.
- As appropriate, lead or support the HR Manager on conduct, capability or grievance cases, advising and guiding managers through relevant policies and current employment law, producing high quality, concise documentation for ER case work and issuing within the designated timescales.
- Take a proactive approach to ensuring that all Policies and Procedures effectively support the commercial needs of the business and are regularly updated in line with any changes to legislation.
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude towards more complex cases and a willingness to develop your own knowledge of case law and best practice.
- Provide note taking support for HR meetings.
- Develop and deliver training workshops for Line Managers on HR policies and processes, such as investigations, sickness absence management, disciplinaries and grievances.
KPI: All ER cases to be managed and resolved effectively within designated timescales and in line with best practice and UK & Ireland employment legislation.
- Administer the HRIS process for new starters, leavers, contract changes and parental leave.
- Collate all information required for the monthly payroll (timesheets, commission & bonus files). Liaise with the Kering SSC Payroll team regarding payroll data for store-based staff.
- Liaise with Kering SSC HR team to ensure HR documents are issued within designated timeframes (e.g. contracts, leavers and contract change letters).
- Maintain the information saved within Employee Files and the HRIS (Workday).
- Ensure HR Logs are kept up to date and complete with relevant details.
- Update the Organisational Charts on a weekly basis.
- Provide HR reports from Workday as and when required by the HRM, GM or Retail Manager.
- Ensure that queries received from employees are responded to comprehensively and in a timely manner.
- Support the HR Manager with any ad hoc administrative duties or projects as requested.
KPI: 100% compliance in all areas of administration in terms of content and timescale.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Act as Bottega’s HR point of contact for the Kering Talent Acquisition team, ensuring that recruitment processes effectively support the needs of the brand and add value.
- Promote equal opportunities by maintaining the Vacancy Log, producing a weekly Retail Vacancy List and ensuring that retail roles are advertised internally and externally.
- Conducting HR check in meetings with new starters during their probationary period and passing feedback on to the HR Manager and Line Managers where necessary.
- Link the Kering recruitment process to an efficient brand on-boarding and induction process.
- Support with 2nd stage interviews when requested for key roles.
KPI: Support with the recruitment of high-quality candidates into the business, ensuring all New Starters are effectively onboarded into the business and receive a probation review.
- Oversee the Exit Interview process for store-based leavers, ensuring that Exit Interviews are conducted on a consistent basis.
- Ensure Exit Interview data is sufficiently captured for internal analysis.
KPI: All leavers to complete an Exit Interview.
Who you are:
Key Competencies/skills required:
- A genuine passion for HR and a desire to contribute to the success of the Brand.
- Proven experience in a similar HR role within a fast paced, high volume, commercial environment.
- Possession of a detailed and thorough understanding of ER processes and legislation and experience of applying these to real life cases.
- A people person, with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain relationships easily.
- A can-do attitude with a proactive mindset and ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Customer Service focused.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English; accurate, concise and engaging.
- Experience using HRIS (Workday preferred).
- CIPD qualification desired but not essential.
The role is office based, with the option to work from home 1-2 days per week.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom