BOUCHERON - Store Planning Manager F/H
Boucheron - Regular
Paris - France
Store Planning Manager
The Store Planning Manager is a senior role, responsible for the successful conclusion of construction projects, by overseeing all aspects of a project and ensuring high standards, in respect of timescales and budgets.
The Store Design Planner works closely with Store Design teams and HQ / Regional teams (Retail, Wholesale, Finance, Legal, Visual Merchandising, IT, Loss Prevention) to ensure the correct development of the planning, construction, and post construction phases.
The Store Planning Manager is also responsible for hiring and managing internal and external resources / consultants as architects and engineers, millworkers and direct vendors.
The position, comprehensive of all described duties, reports directly to Store Design / Planning and VM Director role.
Planning and Construction
The Project Manager works closely with the Store Design team from conception stage and takes lead from planning right down through construction and completion of the project, making sure that project teams meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals.
- Collect start-up information from corporate and local parties (Local Store Planner, Retail Managers, Partners, etc.) necessary to develop the design in accordance with Company commercial requirements
- Establish contact with Landlords architectural team, to get location drawings, guidelines and all other necessary technical start-up information
- Prepare feasibility studies, to evaluate locations and estimate budgets and timings
- Prepare preliminary drawings to match regional brief according to the design codes of the concept; organize internal review with all corporate and local teams involved.
- Establish and sustain client relations, participate in assessing and hiring architectural or engineering advisers, collaborate with governmental agencies and selected project architectural firms.
- Organize general contractors and millwork contractors bidding, evaluate tender documents and offers and coordinate works assignment
- Collaborate with Legal Dept. to finalize contracts
- Organize and validate construction documents and assume responsibility for finished plans, specifications, and management approval of materials and construction.
- Supervise and coordinate all architectural and construction activities involved with the renovation or creation of a new boutique
- Prepare Capex and Cost Report and update it regularly along the project development
- Oversee and keeps track of all Direct Orders in collaboration with the Store Design team
- Review consultants and contractors drawings to ensure consistence with projects and concept, from preliminary submission up to construction and shop-drawings
- Visit construction sites and prepare (or request) reports, from setting-out to punch list completion and opening, to ensure quality of building construction and millwork installation, identifying outstanding issues and ensuring appropriate follow-up
- Collect as-built drawings and keep record of store opening information, finalize financial accounts closures
- Deliver project presentations and updates to senior executives
The Store Planning Manager oversees global Maintenance strategy and follow up, by ensuring cost and quality control.
- Define both preventive and curative Maintenance strategy worldwide
- Establish Maintenance manuals and vendors list for each project
- Prepare Capex/Opex line report on a monthly basis and anticipate expenses for Y+1.
- Work closely with Local Store Planner for regional Maintenance
- Oversees operational Maintenance for EMEA with the dedicated project manager
The Store Planning Manager is in charge of the Store Planning team and work closely with the Store Design and Visual Merchandising teams, by ensuring the execution is in line with the creative vision and in respect of operational and commercial briefs.
- Manage 3 Store Planner, 1 Maintenance Project Manager, 2 Local Store Planner (functionally) and 1 intern
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire the Store Planning team
Education : Architecte
Required experience : 5/7 years of applicable retail experience inside a comparable luxury international company or similar complexity
Technical skills / abilities
- Education: degree in Architecture or related Engineering fields (University degree or similar)
- Computer skills: Autocad 2D, Photoshop, all Office programs
- Problem solving
- Leadership and business management skills
- Detail oriented. Proactive and highly organized
- Experience in international, open minded, companies or environment
- Decision-making. Able to work independently, but also collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure and tight dead-lines
- Languages: English perfectly written and spoken.
- Full time