MCQ Design Assistant, Fabric Research & Development
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
The MCQ Design team is seeking a talented Design Assistant who will focus on Fabric Research & Development to join the team in London and support the Raw Materials Research & Development Manager.
How you will contribute
- Manage the fabric category, working directly with the Product Development team on launching & tracking fabrics for the season.
- Working with the suppliers and supplying colour palettes to all.
- Launching lab dips for all product categories & following up and tracking those received, requesting new lab dips if required.
- Manging and maintaining all spreadsheets which you are responsible for on a daily basis – including the Fabric Development Spreadsheet.
- Work directly with the Mills & Suppliers, ensuring the team are provided with all tech sheets & price break downs in a timely manner.
- Fabric fair visits & extensive research.
- Actioning metres in-house for pre-testing / fabric books & internal reference.
- Raising sampling PO’s as well as tracking invoices and the fabric budgets.
- Collating all scope certificates for sustainable product.
Your skills and experience
- Previous work experience within a similar role is desirable as well as knowledge of the contemporary market.
- Arelevant degree within textiles, technical or design
- Highly organised & analytical with strong communication skills.
- A strong team player who can work across multiple teams.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Package)
- Passion for Textiles, Sustainability & Innovation.
- Fluent in English, Italian or Mandarin would be a bonus.
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. . Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom