BALENCIAGA West Coast Training Manager | Los Angeles, CA
Balenciaga - Regular
BEVERLY HILLS - United States of America
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Champion WW Training programs to create a positive and performance driven culture that motivates all levels of the retail and corporate teams to exceed turnover targets and achieve KPI goals
- Ensure the brand image is respected, the highest level of luxury client experience is delivered and support the vision of the brand of being client centric
- Review Training programs and calendar with the Director of Training to ensure quality and applicability to each Retail Store based on merchandise assortment as well as staffing requirements
- Ensure all levels in Retail and Wholesale representing the brand, delivering one cohesive message
- Manage the implementation and rollout of Induction Paths for West Coast Store Director onboardings and New Store openings
- Partner with West Coast Retail Store Directors to analyze competency gaps for each Store Employee, identify training needs and adapt and implement programs to meet the store targets
- Manage Customer Experience Evaluation results and analyze each wave debrief with the Director of Training to ensure trainings address key priorities by store and meets and/or exceeds the WW benchmarks
- Ensure that appropriate training programs are designed and delivered in an effective and timely manner in close collaboration with the Director of Training, Americas
- Conduct post training evaluations to ensure effectiveness, applicability and continuous improvement of training programs
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development and competitors
- Manage the scheduling of training programs and coordinate training calendar, travel, logistics, venues, and participants
- Manage training administration and exercise budgetary control
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training, Human Resources Management, Psychology or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of hands-on experience in training and development and preferably have experience in retail/hospitality industry
- Strong in program development, facilitation and training delivery skills
- Mature, confident, positive mindset, self-motivated and excellent people skills to work with different cultures and all levels of staff
- Possess a strong passion in fostering a learning culture and developing talents
- Excellent communication, creative, organization, and influencing skills
- In depth understanding and experience in luxury retail, clienteling, and selling skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs including but not limited to travel at minimum 50% of the year and to work with limited resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and comfortable navigating both Apple products and PC based applications
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, BALENCIAGA includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $85,000 USD to $100,000 USD.
WHY WORK WITH US?
This is an exciting opportunity to join Balenciaga’s corporate team as a West Coast Training Manager who will drive the business and contribute to the brand philosophy. We invite you to become part of a team that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms; race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law, enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for and it is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.
- Full time
- Nord America
- United States of America