SAINT LAURENT Project Manager, Store Planning
Saint Laurent - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
ABOUT SAINT LAURENT
Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and freedom. This shift represented a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionized the socio- cultural landscape.
In 1999, the luxury goods division of the Kering Group acquired Yves Saint Laurent and, under the creative direction of Anthony Vaccarello since April
2016, continues to position the house at the summit of the luxury universe.
Today, Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties and eyewear.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager who will report to the Director of Store Planning as part of our dynamic team in New York, New York.
You will develop and estimate the project specific budgets while tracking and inputting invoices to account for all incurred expenses. You will also control the overall project schedules while keeping key consultants on track for the store Turnover and Opening. You will be responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects across both retail and wholesale channels for the growing portfolio of Saint Laurent boutiques while respecting the Saint Laurent concept guidelines. You will
- Collaborate with HQ Design Department on Store Design and Development
- Supervise and coordinate all architectural and construction activities involved with the renovation or creation of a new store
- Prepare feasibility studies to evaluate location constructability. Value Engineer for budget and time savings
- Collaborate with Finance Dept. to review and reconcile budgets
- Collaborate with Legal Dept. to review and negotiate construction contracts
- Bid, level, negotiate and award the General Contractor and Millworker
- Negotiate proposals with key consultants
- Visit construction sites and prepare progress reports to ensure quality of construction scope and millwork installation.
- Create punch list and ensure timely completion of all outstanding work.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure a smooth turnover and opening
- Collect all necessary close out documents required for Tenant Allowances
- Interface with wholesale corporate and wholesale partners to coordinate shop in shop installations and retrofits
- Project record keeping, archiving, managing and procuring all owner furnished items
- Support the LEED program and other sustainability initiatives
- Architectural, Interior Design or Construction Management Background
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Autonomy in decision making with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Proven track record of delivering high quality construction projects with attention to detail.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Word
- Strong knowledge in AutoCAD, Microsoft Projects and Excel
- 5-7 years project management, construction or architectural experience
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.