GUCCI INTERNSHIP NEW BUSINESS MERCHANDISING OPPORTUNITIES – START DATE 21st NOVEMBER 2022
Gucci - Student (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
MILANO - Italy
Where and when could you start the internship with us?
- Starting from November 21st 2022, we will offer an internship opportunity in New Business Merchandising Teams
Here the internship roles we are looking for within the EMEA New Business Merchandising department:
New Business Merchandising
- Support the vintage buyer and/or archive team for the buying process
- Work on product assortment creation (drop strategy, numbering, product hierarchy etc)
- Follow-up on product reconditioning flow with all the business units
- Support for photo-shooting session especially for sample management (ABO counterpart)
- Support for the products go live with focus on distribution, pricing and stock management
- Weekly, monthly, seasonal business analysis
What will you learn with us?
The main goal of the internship is to support on the execution of the renewed Gucci Vintage strategy.
The role will have the opportunity to acquire a 360 knowledge of Merchandising, focused on Gucci Vintage business.
- Collection Merchandising skills: being able to understand and learn the flow of a product offer creation, from brief to buying team and design office to all steps related to product development, including pricing.
- Retail Merchandising skills: focus on the go-to-market strategy; the internship will be able to acquire skills related to the distribution and stock management, visual merchandising and the bridge with MarComm.
- Business Analysis skills: the talent will acquire also analytical and business skills, being a support for business monitoring and business reviews preparation to top management.
VAULT Buying & Merchandising
- Alongside the rest of the buying & merchandising team the Candidate will support with all buying and merchandising related activities relating to Vault to reflect the Brand vision, emerging trends and market needs. Proactively provides support to the Buyer and Merchandising function across any required task such as presentations build out, and organization of cross functional activities, meetings and follow ups.
- Support the team in the lead up to the assortment on Vault across different streams: provide seasonal analysis, compile all feedback, provide competitor shop reports, pull together lessons learnt and identify key drivers and worst performers for the season.
- Will become a key asset to support buying team in projects involving other functions such as planning/customer service/marketing/site merchandising
- Provide ad hoc in season support with trade and product reports on a weekly and monthly basis planning for upcoming activities and potential expansion of Vault. Be commercially astute and proactive, evaluating the business trends, risks and opportunities, proposing action plans to successfully drive the business forward.
- Will support the team with the organization and flow of product samples management
- Will support the team with operational activities needed for the go-live date of each launch such as other brand's information gathering needed for activities such as coding, pricing & samples deliveries
- Through newly developed tools, help to input all buys onto the systems; including sizing when needed. Provide final check reports once completed for sign off.
What will you learn with us?
- Through supporting the team in day to day operations and activities, the candidate will be able to increase its commercial acumen while expanding on product sensibility, competitive landscape within the luxury/fashion realm, navigating multiple product categories
- Working in a fast paced environment with multiple cross functional teams, the candidate will learn to prioritize activities, engage with external and internal stakeholders to the Brand
- Over time by working in autonomy, the Candidate will become the point person on a variety of business critical related activities that will help him/her develop key interpersonal aspects, raise awareness, while learning to take ownership along the way
What are the basics?
- Going into your last year of university and planning a gap semester to take an internship or recent graduation (past year) with successful studies in Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship, Management Engineering, Fashion Business or similar
- Previous experience in team project management
- Interest in second hand and/or vintage markets and innovative distribution channels
- Previous extra-curricular or educational experience abroad
- Entrepreneurial Mindset, Business Acumen and Product Interest
- Excellent Attention to Details
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Involvement in curricular university activities related to the sustainability theme
- Good communication skills and a hands on approach
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
How will the Recruitment process look like?
You should apply on the career site section at Gucci.com If your profile meets the listed requirements and your resume stands out, you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team. After a successful phone interview you will be invited to a Digital Talent Recruitment Event held in November 2022(during this one day event we will assess crucial skills for the internship and select the final candidates). The last step of the recruitment process will be a final interview.
What benefits do we offer to our interns at Gucci?
- Engaging Internship Journey: Welcome Day, Exploring Gucci, Networking Lunches, Digital Events, etc.;
- Reimbursement: 750€ on a monthly base;
- Daily lunch meal at our canteen for free when working from office;
- Access to the Parking Lot and Company Bus;
- Access to more benefits
- Full time