KERING Senior Group Corporate Counsel
Kering - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2017, Kering had nearly 29,000 employees and restated revenue of €10.816 billion.
We are currently seeking a Senior Group Corporate Counsel in Shanghai, who will report to Group General Counsel China Mainland and Taiwan based in Shanghai.
This role is responsible to support the Group General Counsel in corporate legal matters of the Group. Beside strong expertise in general contract drafting, a candidate for this role will have strong legal expertise and experience in commercial, including procurement, traditional wholesale distribution as well as digital formats of retail, consumer protection and a good level of understanding of privacy and data protection and anti monopoly laws and regulations. The roles and responsibilities of the “Senior Group Corporate Counsel” include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide efficient and high-quality legal services to the Group’s companies in China including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for procurement, wholesale distribution, E-commerce and other digital retail formats, conducting legal research and analysis in those regards and providing professional legal support to innovation initiatives of the Group
• Work as a valued and trusted business partner and give practical advice to management that promotes effective and efficient achievement of operational business goals while balancing risks and minimizing potential legal liabilities
• Act as the subject matter expert on all matters related to procurement, wholesale distribution, digital formats of retail
• Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and assist the Group General Counsel in providing comments and suggestions and impact analysis for new legislations in the areas related to procurement, wholesale distribution and E-commerce and cyber security
• Provide trainings to Senior Executives and Business Leaders based on regional training program and at the request of the local management in the responsible areas
• Provide counseling with regard to e-commerce and digital activities such as social media, online games and digital advertising and draft general terms and conditions, entry rules, disclaimer and privacy terms in reference to the global polices and in accordance with the local legal requirements
• Support the Group General Counsel on ad hoc projects such as M&A and foreign investment / business take backs
• Work with corporate counsels in Asia Pacific region on regional legal initiatives as well as other legal matters to achieve and maintain regional alignment
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal business and legal partners and outside resources
• Build and maintain relationships with external legal counsel and consult on matters outside of personal expertise in a cost-efficient manner
• Work with internal and external partners (including outside counsels) to manage disputes (including administrative investigation and proceedings and litigations) settlement in an effective manner
• Post-graduate degree in law and admission to the PRC Bar
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in similar position, preferably in both a top-tier corporate law firm and multi-national company
• Strong understanding of commercial laws, consumer protection related laws and regulations, very good level of understanding of cyber security and privacy and data protection laws and anti-monopoly laws
• Strong contract drafting skills
• International work experience required
• Ability to produce clear and succinct written legal analysis and business communications
• Strong communicator and influencer capable of interacting and leading change with senior executive leaders
• Strong at balancing risk and opportunity and thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across different Brand cultures and all levels of management
• Great business acumen
• Ability to perform with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Team player, self-motivating, collaborative and energetic
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China