A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2020, Kering had nearly 38,000 employees and restated revenue of €13.1 billion.
The Kering Finance Shared Services department based in Barcelona is currently seeking a Controller. If you are passionate, curious and collaborative, come and join our dynamic team in Barcelona.
Under the supervision of the Head of Finance Shared Services, you will support and manage a range of finance activities including but not limited to: accounting, controlling and reporting, financial statement preparation, as well as involvement in the projects of Group.
How you will contribute
- Supervision of the accounting requirements under forecast/budget
- Preparation of the required monthly accruals under forecast/budget and fiscal considerations, including tax accruals
- Supervision of compliance against statutory tax and IFRS reporting requirements
- Monthly fixed assets and depreciations accounting o Maintenance of Financial Statements accounts mapping
- Controlling and Reporting
- Preparation of the monthly closing requirements
- Supervision of intercompany reconciliations with all partners
- Management of reporting packages requested by consolidation department
- Cost analysis and monthly cost control
- Budget and forecast preparation
- Analysis of deviations during closings and forecast/budget preparations
- Cost analysis and relevant arrangements, scenario preparation
- Year End Closing and Taxes o Preparation of financial statements
- Support for tax consultants in the preparation of quarterly and yearly income tax declaration corporate tax declaration
- Control of quarterly and yearly income tax payments
- Project Management and other activities o Contact person for audits – internal and external
- Preparation of ad hoc reports – intercompany, consolidation, legal o All additional requirements and support for business partners (HR, Communication, Maintenance, Security etc)
- Effective project management for Finance Shared Services projects
- Maintenance and management of appropriate contracts, i.e. leases, services agreements, etc.
- Update and reporting of leases reporting
- Update and reporting of insurance values of the different companies sites
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent o 5+ years’ experience as controller retail / luxury retail business with evidenced progression in roles/responsibilities
- Strong experience in budgeting and strategic planning o Knowledge of IFRS
- Prior experience and knowledge in SAP modules: FICO, COPA, others - BI/Controlling - Power BI or other BI tools - subject matter Expert
- Experience in reporting with Oracle - HFM (Hyperion Financial Management)
- Prior experience supporting or leading integration activities, including process mapping and continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills o Proactive and a self-starter
- Outstanding planning skills – keeping and maintaining the list of deadlines & projects
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective and positive team player with an agile, collaborative and inclusive approach
- Sound decision-making skills with a customer focus o Microsoft Office proficiency, PowerPoint, Excel and in particular o Fluent in English and Spanish – verbal and written
- Proficiency in Italian is a plus for collaboration with global teams
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Kering adventure in a moment of extraordinary growth and become part of a thriving team in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.