ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Merchandising Manager, Footwear
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Merchandising Manager Footwear (Women’s and Men’s) who will report to the Chief Product Officer as part of our dynamic London team.
The Merchandising Manager, working together with the relevant Design Team and Operations/Production Department, will play a primary role in the achievement of the Footwear categories growth goals and profit margins for Womens and Menswear. He/she contributes, defines and implements relevant product strategy in order to develop the footwear collections in line with the overall product strategy, brand image, fashion vision, quality standards, and worldwide market needs.
How you will contribute
- Develops and proposes global footwear product strategy for the categories assigned in line with objectives defined by the Chief Product Officer and with the creative lead of the Creative Director
- Interprets market needs/trends and contributes to the identification of the various customer targets: evaluating lifestyle, attitude, behaviour and spending capacity of luxury consumers
- Assures the execution of competitive analysis (product mix and pricing), sales analysis (sell-in and sell-out for all Regions) and develops the pricing strategy in line with the consumer segmentation definitions and profit goals with the support of the Pricing and Operating Marketing Unit (within the Finance Department). Market and competitor's analysis in terms of product and pricing positioning in the different markets
- Develops the “merchandising grid”, which defines the offer structure of each footwear collection in terms of breadth, depth and the positioning of each relevant product
- Supports the Design Team in the development of collections, in order to find the optimal balance between design vision and commercial goals, taking into consideration regional consumer variances and local sale needs
- Management of the merchandising mix of footwear product categories
- Defines and proposes the carryover product list with the cooperation of Buying Director, by identifying potential best selling items to be exploited in more collections and by containing relevant mark-downs
- Monitor replenishments of continuative items
- Elaboration of the "Accessories Product Knowledge & Cross-selling Book" - Preparation of Training /Product Guide
- Prepare collections’ presentations for Buyers Regional Management and sales team to explain direction inspiration product and all relevant information necessary to support and promote sales, including new products and new techniques
- Post-sales campaign reporting: sell in comments
- Presents new collections during the overview to relevant corporate and regional functions and defines regional buying guide-lines (i.e. appropriate assortments of styles, materials, colours, etc.); moreover, generates training and support information for retail representative and Salesforce
- Responsible for raw material bulk orders, sales projections in order to achieve target deliveries.
- Reviews all regional “open to buy”, sales plans, and order/re-order schedules in order to align local business plans to global category strategy
- Leads the plans and provides direction across all functions to ensure the execution of the footwear strategy; including Visual Merchandising and with our Communications team
- Liaises with the Supply Chain and Operations/Production Departments in order to:
- support the identification of industrial product cost targets necessary to assure the correct level of price and margin
- contribute to assure the appropriate development of product specifications and functionality
- assure product delivery priorities in line with local commercial needs and market strategy
- assure the necessary stock production in line with sale trend and for potential best selling products
- Overall Margin responsibility
- Monitor sales feedback and ensure that corrective action is taken relating to past season’s mistakes and bottlenecks
- Co-operate in Range Planning in partnership with Chief Product Officer
Your skills and experience
- You will have experience gained in a fashion retail merchandising environment with an understanding of the luxury sector
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, advanced Excel knowledge essential
- You will have strong attention to detail, great organizational skills and works to a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to build relationships with other internal and external teams and functions for personal and business development
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom