BOTTEGA VENETA - Assistant Store Manager (Sloane st.)
Bottega Veneta - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking an Assistant Store Manager who will report to the Store Manager as part of our dynamic team in Sloane Street.
How you will contribute
- Develop and maintain good product knowledge and provide excellent customer service.
- Understand current products, trends and collections and ensuring that customers are informed and aware.
- Replenish stock and maintain high standards of merchandise and product presentation.
- Handle customer complaints, seeking assistance where necessary, ensuring issues are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
- Keep up to date with customer requirements and operating procedures.
- Be aware of daily sales targets and performance against them. Use appropriate sales techniques to ensure they are met.
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are understood - carry out work according to those standards.
- Personal appearance and presentation must be strictly in line with company standards.
- Adhere to Security and Health & Safety regulations.
- Open & close the store according the needs of the business, in line with company security rules.
- Carry out additional duties when and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability of the Client Advisor role.
Who you are
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role
- Experience in a customer service role with face-to-face customer contact
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
- Ability to initiate contact and communication
- Motivated by being a team player with a common goal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Able to work in fast paced environments
- A strong team player and considerate of colleagues
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom