KERING - Customer Data Manager
Kering - Regular
Paris - France
We are currently seeking a Customer Data Manager to join our Data Governance team
Devoted to Shape Next-Gen Luxury, the Kering Digital Team is engaged in a journey to accelerate the digital transformation of the Group’s Maisons leveraging Data and Digital. Customer data are at the core of the Next-Gen Clienteling, CRM, eCommerce and Retail to better cope with global markets, appetite for personalized customer relationships, and tailored services. The Customer Data Manager is expected to be the preferred partner for all the Kering Group collaborators that have an interest in monetizing, managing and measuring customer data as a valuable business asset for competitive advantage.
The Kering Group is at the beginning of its “data journey” and the Customer Data Manager is a new position within the organization, so the opportunity is assorted with a set of challenges and will require an “intrapreneur” mindset. However, the Customer Data Manager is not alone and will rely on the knowledge and expertise of the customer data governance community.
The Customer Data Manager is accountable for richness, quality, protection, documentation and usability of data belonging to the Customer Data Domain. Ultimately, (s)he is able to measure, report about and optimize the value of customer data assets using information valuation models (e.g. Infonomics).
How you will contribute
Federate customer data producers and consumers as a customer data governance working group
- Build and animate the community of customer-related business domain leaders and IT domain leaders (at both the Kering Group and the Maisons levels) involved in the data collection, management and usage of customer data;
- Build a strong partnership with the Architecture, Privacy, Security and IT Data teams around good practices to apply to the management of customer data;
- Align the Maisons and corporate functions on common customer data management rules when it makes sense, identify and ensure differences are taken into account when it is required, and ensure appropriate formalization, validation and communication of these rules across the Kering Group.
Model, design and catalog key customer data and related rules
- Contribute to the design, deployment and continuous improvement of data-related policies, standards, procedures and processes that will form the holistic Kering Data Management Framework;
- Be the custodian of the Enterprise Customer Data Model / Glossary within the overall Enterprise Data Model / Glossary;
- Serve as a liaison between business and functional areas and technology to ensure that data-related compliance and business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
Enforce, measure and report about the quality (in the broad sense) of customer data
- Define value indicators and quality metrics for the Customer Data Domain, and ensure compliance with data-related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements;
- Ensure that the design of new customer-related solutions comply with the Enterprise Client Data Model / Glossary as close as possible, and ensure that gaps are identified, documented, communicated and well understood (“Data Governance by Design”);
- Propose remediation initiatives to close the gaps when relevant.
Who you are
- Minimum 5 years of data governance operations, oversight function, risk measurement, managed data governance, or data quality operations;
- Experience working on customer-centric projects (e.g. marketing campaigns, customer data warehouse, CRM) with a mastery of concept related to customer master data management and customer 360-degree view;
- Open-minded, curious, eager to learn, pedagogue and diplomat so that you can understand, mix and match needs expressed by a wide range of stakeholders with different backgrounds, and find the best balance of interests;
- Passionate about data and able to translate between business needs and technical requirements, benefiting from your excellent writing skills to create clear requirements, specifications and documentation;
- Familiar with data modeling methodologies (e.g. 3NF, Data Vault, Anchor Modeling, Dimensional), and able to use data models as a map to navigate on the data landscape, ideally with an experience of standard data models;
- Strong experience in project management or consultancy, with business-oriented entities and the ability to work on own initiative within agreed boundaries;
- An understanding of relevant statutory frameworks (e.g. GDPR, CCPA) and/or data management frameworks (e.g. DAMA, EDM Council) applying to data governance;
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment (Italian and/or French spoken is a plus).
Why work with us?
“Would like to take part in a challenging project in an international context, where your inputs will be highly valuated? Join our teams!”
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time